Young people aged 15-19 interested in finding out more about becoming an architect are invited to visit AHMM. There will be an opportunity to:
• Talk to architects - finding out what they do and their career path
• Receive advice about personal statements and portfolios
• See a modelshop demonstration
• Draw with members of our Sketch Club
• Tour our offices and see all kinds of architectural models and drawings
• Attend a hands-on workshop with SketchUp software.
• Hear a short lecture about sustainability.
• Visit White Collar Factory – a new AHMM-designed building at Old Street Roundabout including a running track… on the 16th floor!
As well as finding out more about creative, problem-solving, and other skills needed to become an architect, this will be an opportunity to see an architecture practice in action. Feedback from young people attending previous Open Studios includes: ‘The best thing was speaking to the architects about some of the buildings they’ve worked on’ and ‘Excellent advice on things to build up for my university application’.
FREE but booking is essential.
Young people can book individually or schools can bring small groups of students interested in architecture.
Email Claire Pollock to book a place - firstname.lastname@example.org
14:30 - 17:00
ALLFORD HALL MONAGHAN MORRIS Architects Morelands 5-23 Old Street London EC1V 9HL EC1V 9HL
Morelands - 5th floor