What makes the London Festival of Architecture unique is our approach to democratising the discussion around architecture and our city. In the 2018 festival, more than 300 independent organisations and individuals staged more than 530 separate events, helping us engage an audience of well over 600,000 people in the discussion and celebration of architecture and our city.
If there’s something you’re particularly passionate about, you can now propose an event for the 2019 festival and be part of the discussion about the architecture shaping our city. It’s free to propose and stage events as part of the festival.
When we say ‘events’ we mean virtually anything from talks to exhibitions, debates, installations, parties, tours, trade shows, workshops, architectural cake baking, runs, bike rides, lectures, model making, film screenings…. and so much more!
The call for entries for the London Festival of Architecture 2019 is now open. If you’re interested in running an event, getting noticed or making your voice heard during for the 2019 festival, this is your chance.
This is a great opportunity for individuals and organisations interested in London’s built environment to be part of the world’s largest annual architecture festival when it returns to the capital from 1-30 June 2019.
The theme of the London Festival of Architecture 2019 is ‘boundaries’ – a theme that we hope will inspire a rich, diverse and entertaining public programme.
How to propose and event?
All event proposals need to be submitted via our website, from where you’ll need to create an Organisers Account.
Following feedback from last year, the call for entries has been opened earlier to allow event organisers as much time as possible to devise and submit their ideas. This will also gives organisers the opportunity to develop their ideas with feedback from the Festival’s curation panel.
Submit your event ideas before:
- 11 January 2019: for your event to be considered by the first curation panel, which gives you the opportunity to work more closely with the LFA team in shaping your event, or by
- 8 March 2019: for our final curation panel.
Organisers submitting events after the 8 March 2019 deadline will be charged £50 per submission to cover additional administrative costs. It remains free to propose and stage events if submitted before this deadline.
The process for submitting your event proposals is as follows.
- Create an LFA Account for your organisation if submitting for the first time, or login using the same account you used for the 2018 Festival. This will give you access to our Organisers Portal.
- Read our ‘Guide to Staging an Event’ and our ‘Festival Calendar’ which you’ll find contained within the Organisers Portal.
- Develop your event ideas – why not come to one of our community events like our Media and PR workshop before submitting.
- Submit your event proposal before one of our Curation Panels – before 11 January or 8th March.
- Wait for feedback from our Curation Panel
- Update and finalise your event information
- Click ‘Ready to Publish’ before 7 April.
- Your event will go live and be listed on the LFA website at our programme launch on 1st May – one month before the festival.
- You can make any subsequent changes to your event listing via the Organisers Portal.
The earlier you submit your event ideas, the more opportunities there are for the LFA team to help you shape and develop your plans for the festival.
If you ran an event last year, then start here:
Login to My Organisers Account
If you’re new to running events for the festival, then start here:
Create An Organisers Account