St Mary-le-Bow Guided Tours

GUIDED TOURS OF THE CHURCH AND CRYPT
Founded in or around 1080 as the London headquarters of the archbishops of Canterbury, the medieval church of St Mary-le-Bow survived three devastating collapses before being completely destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. Rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren, it was destroyed once more in 1941 but was again rebuilt and re-consecrated in 1964. Interior designed by Lawrence King, windows by John Hayward.

These guided tours show the Church and Crypt of St Mary-le-Bow and are led by the Rector. Meet in the vestibule (under the tower) at 11:55.


17 June 2019

12:00 -13:00

Admission: FREE


Organiser Info

Image: (c) Rik Pennington

Location


St Mary-le-Bow Church

Cheapside London EC2V 6AU

020 7248 5139

St Mary-le-Bow is situated on the corner of Bow Lane and Cheapside. Nearest Underground stations: Bank, Mansion House, St Paul's. Buses: 8, 25, 242