We’re delighted to announce that we’ve appointed a brand new Festival Committee, which will work alongside the LFA team year-round on the festival and its connected programmes.
The Committee is a non-executive advisory group that will advise and inspire the strategic direction of the festival, as well as helping to develop its networks and outreach. With members from across the industry and beyond, we hope the committee will both continue and expand on our mission to democratise discussions around architecture, making it more accessible for all, as well as ensuring the festival remains a unique platform to test new ideas and uncover and promote new and emerging architects, designers and practitioners.
The Festival Committee comprises 13 members and will be chaired by one of its independent members.
Meet the Festival Committee members
- Martyn Evans, Creative Director, U+I (Chair)
- Sarah Allan, Head of Architecture, Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities
- David Bickle, Partner & Creative Director, Hawkins\Brown
- Emma Cariaga, Joint Head of Canada Water Development & Head of Residential, British Land
- Sevra Davis, Director for Architecture Design Fashion, British Council
- Tom Dyckhoff, Writer, Historian, Broadcaster, Educator
- Pedro Gil, Studio Gill & Mayor’s Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm
- Indy Johar, Co-founder of 00 & Dark Matter
- Sally Lewis, Director, Stitch & Founder, The London Neighbourhood Scholarship
- Peter Murray, Curator in Chief, NLA, Founder of LFA & Mayor of London’s Design Advocate
- Rosa Rogina, Director, London Festival of Architecture
- Neal Shasore, Chief Executive Officer, London School of Architecture
- Manijeh Verghese, Head of Public Engagement, AA & co-founder of Unscene Architecture
Learn more about each member of the Festival Committee here.