The LFA has announced that a digital version of the world’s largest annual architecture festival will take place online in June. In an exciting new departure for the festival, LFA Digital 2020 will take place ahead of the broader core LFA public events programme, which will now be taking place later in the year.
We can’t wait to deliver many of this year’s core festival events and unveil some amazing installations later in the year – when it’s safe to do so. But a digital festival in June provides an exciting new opportunity to complement the traditional festival and allow event organisers to engage our audience in new ways in advance of the traditional festival.
The call for entries for LFA Digital 2020 is now open, with organisations and individuals invited to respond with digital content that addresses this year’s LFA theme of ‘power’. This could take the form of digital exhibitions, online film screenings, VR tours, online workshops, talks and lectures via zoom, audio guides, presentations, video tours – and much else besides. We think this is a hugely exciting opportunity for event organisers to find creative new ways to celebrate their work and engage a new audience.
Unlike other festivals, it’s free to submit your event for the LFA. We think this is important as it reduces the barrier to entry and ensures a diverse range of organisers are take part – leading to a diverse programme of events.
- Submissions for the digital festival should be made before 1st May 2020.
- We will unveil the full digital festival programme on Monday 25 May – although some highlights will be released in the weeks before.
- There is currently no fixed deadline submitting for the traditional festival taking place later in the year. But the sooner you submit the earlier we can help with your event.
The first stage to submitting an event – whether a digital event for June or a physical event later in the year – is to create an account on the LFA website. If you or your organisation have run events with us before then you can use your previous account details and login here. Otherwise, if you’re new, you can create a new account here.
- If you’re proposing a new event – just provide some background details – and tell us whether your proposal is for the digital festival in June or the physical festival taking place later in the year.
- If you have previously submitted an event proposal for this year’s festival, you can edit your event details from within our account page. Or you may want to propose a new digital event which ties in with your event later in the year.
Our Curation Panel and the festival team will review all event submissions, deciding which events to approve for both the digital festival and the physical festival. Feedback will be left by each event within a couple of days.
Our theme for the 2020 Festival is ‘Power’. For the digital festival in June we are particularly keen to see events which respond to the them of power. For the physical festival later in the year, events which do not directly address the theme of power will form part of our wider ‘General Programme’. The Curation Panel have the final say as to which events form part of the festival.
The London Festival of Architecture exists to democratise the discussion around architecture and our city. Holding your own event is a great way to be part of the conversation about architecture and our city.
As the world’s largest annual architecture festival, the LFA offers you a platform to get your voice heard, test new ideas, celebrate your work, start a debate, meet new clients, get noticed, make a point, publish research, build something new, bring your team together, meet new people or change our city for the better.