Thanks for being part of the London Festival of Architecture (LFA)
This is important. Please take a moment to read the following agreement. By creating an account on the LFA website you are agreeing to these terms.
The London Festival of Architecture was created in 2004 to celebrate and promote the global contribution of London as the world’s architectural hub. We are incredibly proud of our city and its contribution to leading world architecture.
The LFA is small purpose-driven organisation. It is a key principal of the festival that it remains free for our partners to propose and stage events as part of the festival, where those events don’t have a purely commercial motive. We believe that being involved in the festival not only benefits the profession and society but can also bring wider benefits to your organisation.
The festival is managed by a small and lean festival team. In order for your events to be part of the festival we need you to agree to the following memorandum of understanding. Please read through and click ‘I agree’. We’ll also email you a copy once you click agree.
What we need from you:
- We need to know how your event went and how many people attended. By submitting an event you agree to complete the LFA’s audience monitoring survey and post event questionnaire. We need these audience numbers, photography and other documentation returned by 29 July 2022.
- We need photos of your event to help promote your participation and your future events. If you have a professional photographer, that’s great – please make sure they document your events and that they grant us and the media the right to use these images. Otherwise please take a few photos yourselves that we can use.
- Participating organisations are responsible for raising their own funds and organising the necessary insurance relating to their LFA activities. The LFA is not liable for any costs incurred or insurance for participating projects or people.
- It may sound silly but if you submit an event, we need you to make sure it happens as it’s described. Our reputation depends on your events being delivered as we’ve promoted them. We know sometimes things go wrong. In which case you need to let us know as soon as possible so we can alter our publicity and manage expectations.
- We need you to display agreed LFA branding at every event so that people know you are part of the festival and so they can find your event. Every year people struggle to find some festival events – the branding is there to help!
- We need you to adhere to LFA PR guidelines, particularly in regard to when you market your events – these are available in the organisers portal on the website.
- You must adhere to our festival submission deadlines. We can only promote the events that we have information on.
- Our Press team will use their judgement to identity particularly media-friendly events to provide additional publicity. We ask you to understand that not all events can receive the same level of publicity and to respect their judgement. They can’t promote submissions we receive late.
- We need you to promote the LFA through your organisation’s website, newsletter and social media channels as well as to promote your own events.
- The festival can’t survive without our sponsors, benefactors and patrons; without the media and without key stakeholders. We may need you to provide 2 free tickets for the LFA staff or key partners for each event.
- Many people will find out about your events thanks to the publicity that others generate. You also agree to cross- promote LFA and Partners’ events through all your communication channels to return the favour.
- We need to make a noise. We need you to sign up the LFA twitter campaigns to share a key message on Twitter, Facebook or your own website.
- You will carry the LFA brand on any relevant press releases, printed and online collateral. Logos and powerpoint templates are available in the organisers’ portal.
What we’ll provide in return
- For each event organiser we’ll provide one or two tickets to the LFA’s opening party – London’s best architectural party and networking event (depending on venue capacity).
- We’ll list your events on the festival’s searchable website and where appropriate via social media.
- We’ll provide a PR guidance pack to support you in promoting your festival events.
- We’ll invite you to one of our community events or surgeries where you’ll be able to meet other festival organisers, gain ideas, network, ask questions and learn.
- You’ll be part of the world’s largest architecture festival – having been selected to participate by our team and curatorial panel.
- You’ll gain access to the LFA Organisers’ portal with new features being released shortly.
- You’ll have the backing of a small but dedicated and hardworking festival team, doing their best to support you, your events and your profession.
- And…. for Patrons, Professional Programme, Showroom Showcase and Festival Club we’ll provide additional support, guidance and publicity for your events. After all your financial support keeps the festival running. For more information about how you can support the festival financially – click here. www.londonfestivalofarchitecture.org/supporters
Current at 8/10/2022