Programme Assistant, London Festival of Architecture
Salary £24,000 per annum, pro rata £12,000.
Position offered for a six-month contract starting March 2019.
The London Festival of Architecture
The London Festival of Architecture celebrates London as the global hub for architecture. The festival returns to the capital from 1-30 June 2019 with a lively and diverse programme of public events across London exploring the theme of ‘boundaries’.
The London Festival of Architecture began in 2004, and has since grown to become the world’s largest annual architecture festival. The festival attracts a vast public audience – well over 600,000 people in 2018 – and a global media audience of millions. The vast majority of events are free, and are staged by a core festival programming team working alongside architecture and design practices and practitioners, leading cultural and academic institutions, artists and many others.
To facilitate the smooth running of the London Festival of Architecture administrative and operational procedures. Providing comprehensive operational support to the LFA team. Supporting the successful delivery of Festival income. Assisting in maintaining the partnerships with our stakeholders.
Reporting to the director. Other key relationships include the deputy director and head of programme. Key external relationships include event organisers, Goodfellow Communications and partner organisations.
Main roles and responsibilities:
• handling incoming festival enquiries via telephone, email and in person
• deliver the call for entry process for the LFA supporting the framework for the curation of events
• lead on the administration process for registering events. Handling enquires from event organisers and updating records. Take responsibility for the LFA master grid document and social media grid
• assist with LFA social media channels including uploading content
• support the event delivery of LFA core content events eg core lecture series and symposium
• suport the event management of the LFA opening party, management events logistics, guest list etc Assist with uploading content to LFA website
• support the management of the LFA’s key relationships with partner organisations including cultural organisations, schools of architecture and embassies
• manage the organiser and audience survey process
What are we looking for:
• we are looking for someone who is extremely organised, highly motivated and able to provide essential support to the team in the delivery of the festival
• the applicant must have architecture background and/or high interest in built environment industry
• a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including spreadsheets and databases
• previous experience of working in event organisation, ideally in a similar role
• the applicant must demonstrate ability to be highly organised and used to working on time sensitive projects
• a high level of written and spoken English is required
Holiday 28 days per year including Bank Holidays and three days between Christmas and New Year. Your normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter addressed to Danielle Rowland, HR director by Friday 22 February 2019 at email@example.com.
Please note the recruitment process is ongoing, with interviews being scheduled immediately as we are looking to fill the position ASAP.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.